We partied hard at the 3rd annual Beltline Bonspiel Presented by Strategic Group!
The Beltline Bonspiel brings together local Calgary community teams to compete in a friendly outdoor curling tournament with the backdrop of the historic Lougheed House, live music, delicious local food and beer, and entertainment for all ages.
Since its inception as the first outdoor curling tournament in Calgary in over 100 years we've brought together Calgarians for a truly unique winter experience.
At the 2019 Beltline Bonspiel the Team Lougheed House took home the Brewery Trophy in a hard fought tournament featuring 10 teams. Despite the chilly temperatures (-18C) we kept things warm in the Bonspiel Beer Garden with firepits, free warm drinks, local brews, fresh beats on the turntables and plenty of community spirit.
See you at the next Beltline Bonspiel on February 15th, 2020!
Live Music & DJs
Warm beats and soulful sounds to keep you bouncing rinkside and inside the Lougheed House.
A Celebration of Local Craft Beer
In 1915, the Calgary Brewing and Malting Company (1892-1961) established the Brewery Trophy for curling. We honour that tradition by not only awarding the historic trophy at the Beltline Bonspiel but by celebrating local craft beer in our family-friendly rinkside beer garden featuring local Beltline breweries Inner City Brewing and Last Best Brewing & Distilling. Warm up by the fire pits and enjoy some of Calgary's finest craft beers and DJs.
Saturday, February 16th, 11am - 5pm
Lougheed House - 707 13 Avenue SW, Calgary
Free Event | Family-Friendly
- Local Craft Beer Garden🍺 delicious local beer rinkside from local breweries Inner City Brewing and Last Best Brewing & Distilling - two of Calgary's finest
- FREE Good Earth Cafe coffee & hot chocolate and David's Tea
- Firepits🔥 all around to keep you warm
- Calgary's premier East African food truck🌯bringing something new and amazing to the food truck scene - samosas, fried cassava, beef mishkaki, butter chicken poutine and more delicious dishes
- Rinkside Stage🔊 - live music & DJs spinning tracks all day long headlined by FRASE
- Community Tourney🥌🏆 watch local community teams compete for the coveted 1915 Brewery Trophy
- Corporate Tourney🥌🏆 Beltline businesses supporting the BNA and having fun
- Family-Friendly curling🥌 - everyone is invited to try their hand at curling, kids too!
- Lougheed House❄️ free admission: enjoy fresh local food & drinks inside at The Restaurant, live music from I Am The Mountain and Justine Tyrell feat. Timothonius I, plus Memorial Park Library's Story Time and musical instrument library drop in music lessons
Become a Sponsor
The Beltline Neighbourhoods Association is seeking sponsors for this one-of-a-kind community event.
Join the Beltline Neighbourhoods Association volunteer team and be a part of our fun, energetic team organizing the Beltline Bonspiel.
The Beltline Neighbourhoods Association would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the traditional territories of the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Blackfoot Confederacy (comprising the Siksika, Piikani, and Kainai First Nations), the Tsuut’ina First Nation, and the Stoney Nakoda (including the Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley First Nations). The City of Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region III. We would also like to note that the Lougheed House is situated on land adjacent to where the Bow River meets the Elbow River, and that the traditional Blackfoot name of this place is “Moh’kins’tsis”, which we now call the City of Calgary.